Thursday, May 10, 2007

Valentina Godes (Mrs. Eagan 2007)




Hi-My name is Valentina Godes and I am proud to represent the city of Eagan! As much as I would love to say I was born and raised in Minnesota, I can not credit myself to that. I was born in California and lived the majority of my life in the beautiful state of Minnesota. I am extremely ambitious and I love to try new things. Currently, I work full time at Gabriel Financial Group. I originate and process mortgage loans. I am a part time student at the University of Minnesota….striving hard to complete my degree in Strategic Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations and Advertising. Just to spice things up a bit, I bartend catered events on the weekend. Like I mentioned before, I am ambitious.

Blaine and I were married a year ago on the shore of Lake Superior. He has been my mentor, love, strength and best friend for 5 years. Blaine and I are complete opposites that compliment each other well. Together we are learning to build a life based on trust, patience and teamwork. In addition to our marriage, we have two pleasantly plump dogs named Spike and Cash. One is a miniature German short-haired pointer and the other is a shar pei. With the wonderfully chaotic life I live, it is nice to come home to a comfortable place that always puts a smile on my face☺

Education is important to me. Reading and writing are vital skills in ensuring a fair and substantial future within American culture. I strongly believe in implementing social justice programs within schools to help curve the gap between social inequities and finding resolutions to the conditions they have evolved from. Illiteracy is a problem with in the United States. The most rewarding experience I have had while volunteering is watching a child strive to reach their goal of reading a book and then expressing their thoughts in writing.

Best Wishes,

Valentina Godes
Mrs. Eagan 2007

7 comments:

love said...

I am happy you COMPETED. But even more happy you didn't win. This competion is for people with heart, family values and just plain ol' down to earth women... in which you are not. God bless you and may peace be with you.

the cop said...

I couldn't have said it better than the last persons comment. As I have met Tina and her husband I can only guess they are in it for the glory and reputation. Tina is not who she says she is and I believe shes full of hot air when I read her self description. Maybe next time Tina you can be a little more honest about who and what you are before writing it all down for the world to see.

Thank You

former friend said...

As your friend, you have done some outrageously evil things to me. Behind that warm, inviting , and pretty smile is nothing more than the devil itself! Good luck next year and the the following year because i'm sure the pageant judges will eventually want to get rid of you, or scared of your bullying ways.

Miss Ny said...

I have to strongly disagree with these comments that are posted.....Tina is sweet, smart, strong willed, a good wife, a good friend, a good daughter and she is beautiful inside and out. It is a shame she didn't win. She is everything Mrs Minnesota should be..

Jamat Al-Azhar Al-Shareef said...

CORRECT: "This competion is for people with heart, family values and just plain ol' down to earth women... in which you are not." I bear witness that this statement is true.

CORRECT: "As your friend, you have done some outrageously evil things to me. Behind that warm, inviting , and pretty smile is nothing more than the devil itself!"

James 4:7 commands us to submit to God.

"pretty smile is nothing more than the devil itself!" I can bear witness that this is true.


WRONG: "a good wife". really? She got divorced not long after this event. You bore false witness.

Jamat Al-Azhar Al-Shareef said...

#TinaBrent #ValintinaBrent

Jamat Al-Azhar Al-Shareef said...

CORRECT: "Tina is not who she says she is" Her real name is Valintina Brent, a half Black woman. Her father's DNA is Wolof and traces of Congo. She is not a blood relative of the Godes family, and is not Jewish. God will judge her. I am here only to bear witness.