Sunday, May 6, 2007

Nichoel Richards-Skramstad (Mrs. Minneapolis 2007)



Greetings from the City of Lakes! I’m Nichoel Richards Skramstad and I’m representing beautiful Minneapolis! I can’t begin to tell how excited I am to have the opportunity to fulfill a dream of competing for the title of Mrs. Minnesota, and to do so with such a fantastic group of women! Pageantry has been a passion of mine for 10 years. However, with the ever increasing demands of career and most importantly family, the opportunity to compete again has escaped me ~~ until this year!

I received my Bachelor of Science in Finance from Concordia University in 2000. After obtaining my degree I took a year to model and had the opportunity to go to New York, Los Angeles and Miami. Although a terrific and exciting experience, I missed Minnesota and moved back to start my career when the year was up. After a stint in Investment Portfolio Analysis, I moved to Wells Fargo Business Credit as an Auditor. Three years and LOTS of frequent traveler awards/miles later, I advanced to a Business Analyst position. This career move enabled me to stay close to home by limiting my travel and work in a challenging, specialized area of lending. I am lucky to say that I love what I do!

I have been married to my wonderfully charming, brilliant, funny husband Scott for 2 years. Although we both lived in the Twin Cities at the time, we met while each home visiting family in the Fargo/Moorhead area (he’s a North Dakotan ~ however as I always have it be noted – I am Minnesotan! ☺). A year later, during a vacation to Jamaica, he woke me from my nap on the beach with a ring in hand and surprised me with the most memorable proposal. So ROMANTIC!!! One week after celebrating our 1st Anniversary we welcomed our beautiful “miracle baby” Isabella. Life has been a non-stop bustling of activity ever since!

Positive Role Models For Today’s Youth is the platform that I am supporting. With all of the challenges facing our youth today I feel that it is SO important that they have Mentors – people in their lives they can look up to! I am involved in the Junior Achievement Program, the world’s largest organization dedicated to educating young people about business, economics and free enterprise. Through offices around the nation and in nearly 100 countries, Junior Achievement Worldwide reaches over 7 million students a year! I hope to help boost them up to reach for the stars and achieve whatever goals they set!

Here is to Women, Marriage and the Future!!!

Best Regards,
Nichoel Richards Skramstad – Mrs. Minneapolis 2007

2 comments:

Joe Hager said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe Hager said...

Nichoel,

You are so beautiful and intelligent, I am confident your success will continue to flourish. How blessed you are to have such a wonderful family to share this with. Hats off to you in the future!