Saturday, May 12, 2007

Deb Erpelding (Mrs. Golden Valley 2007)




Greetings from Mrs. Golden Valley 2007!

My name is Deb Erpelding and I am happy to represent my hometown of 14 years--Golden Valley. I have been married for 16 years to my husband Rand and together we have 4 children, Gabe 12, Caleb 10, Julianna 6, and Aaron 3. I have been a stay at home mom for 12 years now and truly love my job. They say, "It's the hardest job you'll ever love!"

As a stay at home mom, I have enjoyed many years of ECFE programs with my children. I am currently a member of the Steering Committee as the Care Coordinator of a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group at Crystal Evangelical Free Church (soon to be renamed New Hope Church). This has truly been a lifeline for me the past several years. Most of all it is a safe place to share motherhood frustrations with others and enjoy the affirming nods of Moms who have been there, too.

I chose to do the Mrs. Minnesota pageant after my neighbor nominated me last summer. I thought it would be challenging and fun! The past few years of my life have been very tense and difficult. I am a survivor of breast cancer, and it will be three years in September! During my battle my Mother was diagnosed also, so I have a lot to share from my heart about the journey I've been on. I also thought it would be an excellent example to my children to show them that no matter what storms you face in life--positive can come with the help of your faith, family and friends. Besides all of that I don't want to be afraid to try new things ever again!

To all of the contestants, I look forward to spending time with you all! It was great to meet you on Saturday.

Your friend,
Deb Erpelding
Mrs. Golden Valley 2007

1 comment:

JenM said...

Wow! Deb, you look beautiful (as usual). You have been through so many challenges in these past years, I am so happy to watch you embark upon this newest journey in life. (Let me live vicariously through you) I am glad to call you a friend, JenMoore