Sunday, May 13, 2007

Jenn DeFoe (Mrs. Wright County 2007)





Hi, my name is Jennifer DeFoe and I am ecstatic to be representing Mrs. Wright County this year!! I was born and raised in Dallas, TX and moved to Minnesota for the last and final time in September of 2003. I like to think that I am funny, outgoing, and personable.

I met my husband, Todd in 2000, although there were no romantic connections between us at the time, we hit it off and became instant friends. It wasn’t until a few years later, when I was visiting him and his family that his feelings for me were brought to light. A month later I decided to move from Texas to Minnesota to pursue this relationship. We were married July 23, 2005 at Fox Hollow Golf Course in St. Michael. It stormed the day of our wedding, which happened to be an outdoor wedding. My brother walked me down the aisle and as he handed me over to Todd, the sun came out. It was such a neat experience. We boogied down the aisle as husband and wife to the song, “Another One Bites the Dust”. Todd is a wonderful husband and friend. He often tells people that he out kicked his coverage, but I think I out kicked my coverage.

Todd and I are proud parents of two little 4-legged girls. Gabriel Princess DeFoe (Gabby) is 2 years old. Samantha Ann DeFoe (Sammy) is 1. They are fun to be with and most times provide much needed laughter from anyone who is willing to watch them. Both are Pekinese and come from the same mother. Gabby is the protector and Sammy is afraid of everything, but both are loveable. We tend to get them mixed up since they look so much alike. We do not have kids of our own yet, it will happen when it happens. But we look forward to when that day comes.

I work full time as a Facilities Assistant where I spend most of my day working with others to develop and implement CMS (Computer Managing System) software. I also attend school in the evenings as a legal student at Minnesota School of Business. I am pursuing a B.S. degree in Paralegal Studies. I am interested in International Business and Law most, but feel that God will lead me where I should be. I am also the Social Chair for our legal club, The Barely Legal’s. We host and organize fundraisers, discuss hot topics and provide networking resources for other legal students.

If chosen as the Mrs. Minnesota 2007, I will actively promote ”Awareness for U.S. and Global Poverty”. Alleviating extreme poverty is an issue that I feel strongly and passionate about. Statistics show that 30,000 children die everyday from diseases caused by unsanitary water. This is just one aspect involving poverty that not only affects those living in extreme poverty, but it also affects the rest of the world. Educating impoverished communities on AIDS/HIV is an important step towards ending poverty. I also feel that providing general education to these communities, such as reading, writing and math will provide them with the tools and resources needed to help save one another.

As a first time pageant contestant, I am looking forward to meeting other young ladies that share the same passion as I do, helping others. I am excited for the changes this experience brings and will bring. I am grateful for the opportunity to share the stage with a handful of wonderful, intelligent and beautiful women.

Best wishes,
Jenn DeFoe
Mrs. Wright County 2007

No comments: