Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Dessislava Urban (Mrs. Dakota County 2007)




Hello! I am Dessi Urban.

I was born in Bulgaria and I was still living there 11 years ago, finishing my Master in French Literature and Translation, when an American man from Wisconsin came and swept me away. I left my family and friends and I followed him to America. We lived in many places, Portland, Boston, New York, even Germany, before we settled down and bought our first home in Lakeville, MN. We have two little girls, Isabelle - 4 and Caroline - 2 who are thoroughly delighted to run through our backyard and visit their friends in our safe and beautiful neighborhood.

I am on the Advisory Council for Early Childhood Family Education where Caroline takes classes. The council assists the board in planning the education program and raises money for the needs of the classrooms. I am also a member of Toastmasters International, an organization which gives its members the opportunity to develop and improve their public speaking abilities, their communication and leadership skills. I was recently elected to be the President of the Nicollet Speech Builders Club for the year starting on 07/01/07. I am very excited and am looking forward to my new responsibilities.

I have many interests among which are fashion, interior design, music, traveling and healthy eating. Beauty in any shape, on the inside, on the outside, the beauty of art, the beauty of nature - I admire them all. I am very open to celebrate anything in life and this is the reason I am in this pageant. I also believe that it is the love of being with people that drives all of us to participate in this event. Communicating with others, getting to know them and making ourselves known is one of the greatest things in life.

Let us celebrate life and the married women of Minnesota!!!

Dessi Urban
Mrs. Dakota County 2007

No comments: